Learning is a key process in human behaviour. Any relatively PERMANENT CHANGE in behaviour of a person that occurs as a result of PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE.
1. Learning is change in behaviour
2. It is the change that takes place through PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
3. This change MUST BE PERMANENT.
It is widely agreed that learning takes place when activities are engaging and memorable.
Our school curriculum is based upon the Role-Play method that is the Excellent Teaching Method.
WHAT I HEAR
WHAT I SEE
WHAT I DO
Role play is like any good inquiry approach, transform the content of education FROM INFORMATION INTO EXPERIENCE.
Role play is defined as pretending to be someone else or pretending to be in a specific situation that you are not actually in at the time. It is the act of imitating the character and behaviour of someone who is different from yourself.
Role play is any speaking activity when you put yourself into somebody else shoes or when you stay in your own shoes but put yourself into an imaginary situation.
The joy of the role-play is that students can become any one they like for a short time.
PROCEDURE OR STEPS :-
1. Selection of the problem
2. Constructing the role-play situation
3. Casting the players
5. Role-Play action
5. Role – Play action
6. Discussion & Analysis
THE ROLE OF TEACHER IN ROLE PLAY
1. Facilitator- Students may need new language to be Fed in by the teacher.
2. Spectator- The teacher watches the role-play and offers comments & advice at the end.
3. Participant- It sometimes appropriate to get involved & take part in role play yourself.
ADVANTAGES OF ROLE – PLAY METHOD :-
1. It helps to develop the confidence of students.
2. Helps to develop the real communication skills.
3. Helps to develop the ability to observe and analysis the situation
4. Give them opportunity to show their creativity
5. Students get a different experience related to their life & social situation.
6. Students get the chance to express themselves.
7. This method present the complex issues simply and in short while.
8. It is simple and low cost method.
9. This method allow students to practice applying their new knowledge before they have to face real world.
10. In addition to these the students who are not good in speaking skills are given chance to rehearse their English in a safe environment.
11. This method provide immediate feedback
12. This method promote life long learning.
13. Helps to make abstract problems more concrete.
Role Play method has a great attribute on teaching learning process. It makes
the learning process more effective. Real situation can be created and students can benefit from the practice.